A Guide to Marketing Success in 2020
My community often eagerly awaits my annual Top 10 List of Digital and Social Marketing Resolutions to guide their investments and strategies through the coming year.
Here is my list of the 10 most important actionable tips for marketing success in 2020. As a bonus, I added suggested apps and software tools to make your jobs easier. Whether you choice to implement one or more of my recommendations, I am here to help you reach your goals.
- Master the art of ephemeral (disappearing) storytelling by creating and posting stories with multiple images and calls-to-action daily on Facebook and Instagram – Apps: Unfold, Story Boost, Cut Story, Story Art, Canva. Remember to save the best stories in Highlight Albums
- Increase the production of long, short and live-streamed video content through the creation of a “series” to explain products, services and solutions, showcase your expertise, interact with your audience and “edutain” customers and prospects – think short, weekly episodes – Apps: Adobe Spark, 24FPS, Animoto, Hyperlapse, Clipomatic for captioning
- Know your customer – Collect and evaluate 1st party customer data to improve your communications, influencer content and advertising targeting – Tools: Data Management Platforms for enterprises such as Lotarme, SurveyMonkey, inMoment, Qualtrics, Bazaarvoice, Google Analytics and Social Media Analytics for small businesses.
- Experiment with messenger bots to improve personalized customer service and lead generation activities – Tools: ManyChat, MobileMonkey, Whatsapp for Business
- Optimize your website for voice search which accounts for over 40% of all searches by incorporating search engine optimization techniques that can generate featured snippets that Google will highlight – Tools: Featured Snippets+ Tool, Structured Data Markup, AdWord Keyword Planner, SEMrush
- Create and maintain a Google My Business Presence by adding weekly posts, pictures and customer reviews – Tools: Sitejabber, Birdeye, RizeReviews, Broadly
- Identify and Expand partnerships with micro influencers (3,000-100,000 followers) to produce content to increase sales, brand visibility and reputation – BuzzSumo, TapInfluence, Klear, Traackr, Upfluence
- Tap new “Social Shopping” features on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest and Amazon – these include Instagram storefronts, Shop the Look Ads on Pinterest, Facebook’s new Augmented Reality Ads and Amazon’s Influencer Program
- Explore Facebook Groups to find ways to interact with customers, prospects and industry partners with greater reach and engagement – Consider creating a FB Group and be on the lookout for advertising opportunities in the future – Tools: Facebook Search, Insights
- Pay attention to TikTok as its features will be replicated by the other social media sites. While it is a great way to reach Gen Zers, the site’s challenges and music heavy story memes incorporating user generated content are now being copied into IG Reels (in Brazil) and used by leading brands such as Guess Jeans and Taco Bell.
Coming Soon …..
- Influencers created through Computer Generated Imagery (CGI) are gaining in popularity and are attracting brand promotions– see Zoe Dvir, Lil Miguela (Samsung and Chanel) and Noonoouri – the 3-D programming is a special skill and several agencies will be offering these services
- Facebook Pay is rolling out and will be a popular way to send money via Facebook, IG, WhatsApp and Messenger as well as pay for purchases from brands and through Marketplace. Social Commerce will be a big trend in the coming years.
Let’s Stay Connected in 2020 Here’s to your Marketing Success!